Sunday, July 3, 2016

Day 21: FASD and Nutritional Intervention

Day 21



There is much written about parents with Children with Autism and the Gluten-free Casein Free diets trying gluten-free casein-free diets. For some it works and others it doesn't.   Some parents with those with the FASD spectrum are finding the the same success.

I have been gluten-free myself for the past 35 years and gluten in my house is rare at this point.
Our little guy Mac came to use with huge food, dairy and protein intolerances and we kept him gluten-free due to our gluten-free home and an article I read long ago.

Now that Mac is older, he is fast and he inadvertently manages to get gluten or casein containing products.  My calm, non-violent child turns into a complete extremely hyperactive monster with just the ingestion of one gluten/casein dye containing Cheeto!  If you don't believe me, just as the therapists to have witnessed it with a impulsive hitting Mac and a regression into autistic behaviors.

Red dye is even more horrible than gluten or casein for him.  We have him dye-free, gluten-free, casein free and he thrives like others on the FASD spectrum.

Today I am sharing an article I found long ago, which has helped him help Mac.

Nutritional Interventions for Children with FASD by Diane Black

If anyone has any questions on how to go gluten-free, casein-free please feel free to email me at Anny458@aol.com.

Anny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderate and will be approved by administrator.