Sunday, July 31, 2016

Day 50: The Lessons Stuck.

Day 50

Our daughter Detamara nearly 24 stayed home with support and dog sat her brothers two dogs and one of them a 10 month old puppy hound named Copper.   Mackie just came up with his dolls toe chewed off and wanted help fixing his doll named "appointment".

She talked about not being able to leave Copper alone. He chewed up some of Mackie toys and his baby doll appointment big toe.  She noted he only gets in trouble when no one else is around.  She told him "no" and he wasn't able to learn and control himself without someone watching him.  So she just kept him with her the rest of the time and there were no more messes or destroyed belongings.

I looked at her and told her now she knows what it is like to be a parent of a toddler or a child with FASD.

She told me, "Mom, Where do you think I learned it from! Mom you kept me from getting into trouble, teaching me right from wrong and in time I learned to be able to control myself and now I can help Mac and the dogs to keep them from getting themselves in the doghouse and timeout!"

Anny


1 comment:

  1. Love this Ann - did you go get a Minion band aid for Appointment

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderate and will be approved by administrator.