Thursday, July 7, 2016

Day 26: 10 Things to Know About FASD #9 Wise Words

Day 26 (Early for Friday as we are on the road again)



We asked those participating with the  90 Real People with Real Lives campaign we asked them their one wish.  This slide is not for me to write.  It is their voices, their wishes.

"Anna wishes to be seen for who she is and not for her disability."  from her Mom

"To help others like him in the same way many individuals helped him." from an adult with FASD

"For people to understand that because I look ‘normal’ my brain is not. I am not a ‘bad’ kid or a spoiled brat my brain just cannot process things like yours can. I want friends and can be very loyal. Take a chance and get to know me!"  from a child with FASD

"I just wish my Mom had cared more about me than drinking alcohol. She made it hard for me and it didn't need to happen."  an young adult with FAS

"Jonathan has many wishes!…no more babies born with FASD’s, healing for those who have it, unconditional friendships and acceptance by others." from Johnathan's Mom

"Angelo’s wish would be for no other mom’s to drink while they were pregnant so that other children would not have trouble thinking like he does.  He wishes that he could ‘think straight’."
from Angelo and his Mom

"I wish she knew how much she was loved".  from a parent of a child with FASD

"She just wants to be loved and accepted for who she is, and not feared for what she is capable of doing. To not be loud or lose control. To not get so mad she hurts the ones she loves but can’t remember why?"  from a Parent of an adult with an FASD

"For people to understand and not judge, for people to not assume that just because I look and can act neurotypical, that I am not neurotypical. (That can be really frustrating). And to be treated the same as everyone else." an adult with an FASD

"To never have anyone go though what I did with living with FASD." an adult with an FASD

"Tiana wants people to know that just because I have FAS and have some problems that I am no different from anyone else."  a wise young lady with FAS

 "My wish is that people living with FASD receive SERVICES AND PROGRAMS. Services that accommodate, and programs that coach them to manage their FASD, help them to move forward with their dreams and goals, to understand FASD even if its a little bit at a time. For the world to understand what FASD is like, LIVING ON A ROLLER COASTER THAT NEVER STOPS BUT WE CAN RIDE THE RIDE WITH JOY, LOVE, EXCITEMENT, AND STAY HEALTHY!" well said by an adult with an FASD

"Educate to Erase #FASD"  Thank you Rebecca an adult with an FASD


Thank you to the adults and children/parents and caregivers for helping us share your voices in our campaign to raise awareness, teach and advocate for those living with FASD's.

Anny








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderate and will be approved by administrator.